Josh lives in Dallas with his wife, Stephanie, and their two children. He is a graduate of Texas A&M University- Texarkana and Lon Morris College. Prior to moving to Dallas in 2005, Josh worked as a blogger and on-air personality for a sports talk radio station in Texarkana, Texas.
An avid sports fan, Josh spends his spare time rooting on the Cowboys, Stars, Rangers, and Mavs, But his favorite sport event occurs the week before Christmas every year, the Texas high school football championships.
He is currently a paralegal and 2E at UNT Dallas College of Law in Dallas, Texas. Josh ranks in the top quarter of his class and has made the Dean’s List every semester. Some highlights of my background and experience include.
- Served as paralegal for petitioner in McLane Company, Inc. v. E.E.O.C., 137 S.Ct. 1159 (2017)
- Represented high-profile, nationally syndicated, radio and television personality in contract dispute with former manager
- Through investigation of foreign and domestic investments, financial records, witness interviews, and third-party subpoenas, recovered $20 million stolen from client by former business partner
- Represented candidate for Dallas City Council and, through research, identified false statements made by opponent which the Dallas Morning News subsequently published
- Assisted Managing Partner in representation of local charter school in connection with compliance with NCAA High School Review and Eligibility Center, including appeal of NCAA’s decision to void athletes’ eligibility
UNT-Dallas College of Law – J.D. expected 2020 (Dean’s List; Top Quarter)
Texas A&M University–Texarkana – B.S. in English 2004 (President’s List)
Lon Morris College – A.A. 1999
Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C. – March 2017-Present
Paralegal with large labor and employment firm, with a focus on discrimination and retaliation claims, wage and hour disputes, administrative agency proceedings, trade secret protection, and policy and procedure review.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP – May 2015-March 2017
Part of a team that counseled clients on employment matters, and advised and defended employers faced with claims involving employment discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour violations, unfair competition, noncompetition, and trade secrets.
Credit Protection Association – March 2015 – May 2015
Served a litigation manager for collection agency. Negotiated settlements on behalf of company for matters involving the FDCPA and TCPA. Also, attended corporate meetings to advise on compliance issues.
Gruber, Hurst, Johansen, Hail & Shank – July 2010 – February 2015
Paralegal for prestigious boutique firm in Dallas involved in high-stakes, complex commercial litigation and patent litigation matters.
Forman, Perry, Watkins, Krutz & Tardy – February 2005 – July 2010
Supervising paralegal for team in involved on defense of toxic tort litigation.